2021 has been another year that has tested our resilience, our patience, our bravery and our humanity. As a community, we have faced huge challenges and seen the disparate impacts that COVID has dealt. Yet amid the chaos we have seen great innovation, perseverance and kindness.
The Alberts team have been reflecting on some of our highlights of 2021:
- We end the year with 10 exciting impact ventures in our portfolio
- We achieved B Corp certification – recognising our commitment to the planet and people
- We extended our employee assistance program to support our founders through COVID
- We supported new musical endeavours in Australia – Hamilton and Splendour XR
- We transitioned the investments in The Tony Foundation corpus to 100% impact
- We signed the Philanthropy Australia COVID pledge to support our grantees through the crisis
- We continued our work on Music Education: Right from the Start with the development and actioning of a strategic plan
As the year draws to a close we are grateful for all the wonderful people we’ve had the opportunity to work with and connect to over the last 12 months. There is much inspiration and hope to be found in looking to young ventures, non-profits and other pioneers to see the innovative solutions they’ve devised to address the problems we face.
From everyone at Alberts wishing you a joyful, healthy and restorative holiday season and we look forward to reconnecting in 2022!