A sustainable environment is more than an investment theme for us at Alberts, we are always looking for ways of reducing our carbon footprint and making sustainable choices. Whilst we’re by no means perfect, we thought we’d share some of our own initiatives and useful links that may help you implement these policies in your business:
- Implementing a recycling program for paper, plastic, and other materials. Here are a few useful links:
- Encouraging the use of reusable mugs, water bottles, and utensils in the office. We make this easy by providing spare keep-cups and take-away lunch-boxes handy in the kitchen.
- Offsetting carbon emissions from business travel
- Offering telecommuting options to reduce the number of employees commuting to the office. We have a 60:40 hybrid working approach currently in place.
- Using environmentally friendly cleaning products. There are plenty of waterless and eco-friendly Australian brands out there – why not back an eco-conscious Aussie founder? We’ve switched our bin liners to newspapers instead of plastic.
- Implementing a paperless office system, or making it easy to opt-out of paper with tools like Docusign as the default
- Regularly assessing and reducing the office’s energy and water consumption
- Encouraging the circular economy through encouraging swaps and charity events eg. We’ve recently run a clothes run for Dress for Success and Dress for Work.
It’s worth mentioning that some of these initiatives may not be applicable or feasible in all cases, but it’s a starting point, and can be adapted to your specific office’s needs and circumstances.